Silver Spring, MD- Earlier this month, a Silver Spring MD apartment complex erupted in flames; leaving several people critically injured and at least 10 others unaccounted for. It’s now being reported that there are some residents homes were never inspected.
What Sparked The Fire
Nonetheless; Montgomery County Fire Chief Scott Goldstein confirmed on Monday it was a gas leak that sparked the incident.
First of all, the catastrophe started when a maintenance man attempted to unclog a resident’s drain; and then he accidentally cut the gas pipe instead of the drain. Sadly, the accident displaced 46 families; but thankfully most families were able to be placed in replacement homes. However there are still ten families who without shelter.
Swarms Of Donations Continue To Pour In
The tragedy tugged on the hearts of Americans, garnering $583 dollars in donations. The funds are estimated to reach to or beyond $600k.