Police are saying the incentive behind the deadly Michigan High School shooting was the ‘intent to kill’ on Wednesday. A 15-year old student opened fire; ultimately killing three teenagers and injuring eight people on Tuesday. Currently, only one suspect [15 year old sophomore] was taken into custody on sight.
“It’s clear that he came out with the intent to kill people,” Oakland County Sheriff Michael Bouchard said Wednesday on CNN’s “New Day,” adding that the suspect fired shots from a close range toward the head or chest of some of the victims.
Sheriff Michael Bouchard stated the shooter’s Dad provided the gun Friday; while the teen posted pictures of the weapon online just days before the murder happened.
The authorities identified the dead as Hana St. Juliana, 14; Madisyn Baldwin, 17; and Tate Myre, 16, who died in a sheriff’s squad car while on the way to a hospital. The injured students ranged in age from 14 to 17, officials said, including three who were in critical condition and another who was in serious condition. The only adult who was shot, a 47-year-old teacher, had been discharged from a hospital.
Michigan High School Shooting
Bouchard said that a 9-millimeter Sig Sauer handgun used in the shooting; confirming the gun had been bought four days earlier by the suspect’s father.
Sheriff Bouchard said the gunman was still armed, with seven bullets in the gun, when he was arrested by deputies in the hallway of the school; adding that investigators were informed that the student pretended to be an officer in order to access barricaded classrooms.