- American Shared Hospital Services (AMS)- lease radiosurgery and radiation
- Axsome Therapeutics (AXSM)- a biopharmaceutical company
- Industrial Bank (IWBC)-historic Black owned bank based in Washington, D.C
- M & F Bank (MFBP)-The Mechanics & Farmers Bank was founded in 1907 in NC.
- Citizens Bank (CZBS)-headquartered in Atlanta, since 1921.
- Broadway Federal Bank (BYFC)-Los Angeles, CA
- Carver Bank (CARV )New York
- Urbank One UONE (formerly known as Radio One)
- RLJ Lodging (RLJ) – part of the real estate sector
- RLJ Entertainment (RLJE)-privately owned subsidiary of AMC Networks.
The Minority Empowerment ETF (ticker NACP) invests only in S &P 500 companies that promote racial equity in every aspect of their business. Remember to always do your research. As of 2015, only 12 Black owned companies are publicly traded, out of the more than 2.6 million firms that we own. This month marked the 99th anniversary of the Tulsa, Oklahoma massacre, where Black wealth was built and even known as The Black Wall Street. It was burned down to shreds all because of a RUMOR about a Black man sexually harassing a white woman ( Sarah Page) on an elevator.
He never harrased the woman. As he was entering the elevator, he tripped; so to refrain from further jnjio, he grabbed the white woman’s arem to keep from falling. An onlooker decided to go and report the rumor to the police, which incited a riot that burned down everything that Black people had works hard to build. Our Black Wall Street was torched and smashed down to nothing. Churches schools, libraries, banks, nice homes you name it….we had it.
So now it is time to rebuild that wealth we once we had. You’ll want to invest your money in Black owned companies that are growing; Black owned grassroots companies…sit back and watch your investments grow and work for you. We as African Americans need to educate ourselves and our children about financial literacy and rebuilding the Black dollar.
Because, no matter how you look at it….Black dollars DO matter. We are building some of the nation’s fastest growing companies. Buy in now.